3. Different Installation Types
Other than the different operating types, you can also choose between several installation types. Roller shutters are usually distinguished between built-in and front-mounted systems.
a) Built-in Roller Shutters
- These models are installed above the windows before the actual installation.
- The box of the shutter is not visible after the full installation in the masonry.
- Built-in models are available in various sizes. They can therefore be installed above windows and many types of doors (e.g. patio doors).
- They are especially suitable for the installation in new buildings. It is also possible to install these models in the course of the renovation of windows.
- As these components are integrated into the masonry, they show very good thermal insulation and burglary protection properties.
Anyone deciding to install a built-in model does not need professional help. Laymen can perform the installation as well. These detailed instructions show all necessary steps.
b) Built-on Roller Shutters
These systems are attached outside to an already installed window.
- They are perfectly suitable for installation during renovations at a later date.
- The shutter box is visibly attached to the masonry and can therefore be used as an aesthetical element for the house facade.
- The various sizes also allow for installation above patio doors.
- While this type is particularly suited for renovation work in old buildings, there is no reason not to mount it on a new building either.
Front-mounted models can be easily installed without professional help. Do-it-yourself enthusiasts can use this step-by-step video manual to learn more about the procedure.
The windows24.com online shop offers a large variety of shutters in many different sizes. You can choose between manual and automatic models, which can also improve thermal insulation as well as sound and burglary protection in your house.