It is very important to read through the different steps and make sure to have all necessary tools in place before you start to adjust. Briefly studying this guide will save you time and prevent complications.
For adjustment methods a), b) and c), the plastic covers have to be removed from the bearings. You should also check the correct size of the Allen key or screwdriver. Furthermore, you have to check, whether you will need a working ladder or not. It is not obligatory to have a helping hand, but it can very useful
2. The Structure of French Doors with tilt-and-turn Mechanism
In order to adjust French doors properly, it is important to determine the opening mechanism. The most common system is the tilt-and-turn mechanism. Please be aware of the elements comprising such a system:
- Handle: It allows opening, tilting and closing of French doors. The locking cams are usually located on the side of the handle.
- The lower corner bearing is located in the lower corner, but on the opposite side of the handle.
- Upper stay bearing: the stay bearing is located in the upper section on the same side as the corner bearing.
- Locking and mushroom cams: With normal doors and windows, the cams can be found on the side of the handle – with the exception of safety window.